Learning to rock climb outdoors is a process that all rock climbers go through. That process usually starts with asking yourself where do you start, nowadays alot of people get exposed to rock climbing by visiting a local indoor climbing gym. However outdoor rock climbing is more elusive since most indoor rock climbing gyms do not have a path to outdoor rock climbing.
How do you go from rock climbing in the gym to outdoor rock climbing? At the North Texas Outdoor Pursuit Center we offer a path to outdoor rock climibng, whether your just looking to climb on real rock for the day or your goal is to one day climb El Capitan in Yosemite, all rock climbers most go through a process.
At the North Texas Outdoor Pursuit Center our mission is to mentor new outdoor rock climbers through a combination of joining our community of rock climbers, joining us on our beginner outdoor climbing trips, entering our mentorship program for outdoor rock climbing and learning about the stewardship, lifestyle and community that goes with the sport of rock climbing.
Path to Outdoor Rock Climbing:
- Beginner Outdoor Climb – Join us on one of our beginner outdoor climbs. Open to all levels.
- Core Skills Clinic – You will learn the basic climbing knots and friction hitches and how they are used in outdoor rock climbing. Time will be allowed for a session on rappelling.
- Gym to Rock Course – Learn the techniques for setting up your own top rope anchors.
- Outdoor Sport Lead Course – Learn the techniques needed to safely climb single pitch sport routes outdoors, get it dialed in at our training facility before taking it outside.
- Semester on the Rocks Program – Our mentorship program for those looking to climb in the traditional style.
If you would like to learn to climb outdoors contact Christopher Gibson @ firstname.lastname@example.org